A civil harassment restraining order is a court order that helps protect people from violence, stalking, serious harassment, or threats of violence.
You can ask for a civil harassment restraining order if:
- A person has abused (or threatened to abuse), sexually assaulted, stalked, or seriously harassed you, and
- You are scared or seriously annoyed or harassed.
A restraining order is a court order. It can order the restrained person to:
- Not contact you or any member of your household;
- Not go near you, your children, or others who live with you, no matter where you go;
- Stay away from your work, your school, or your children’s school; or
- Not have a gun.
Once the court issues (makes) a restraining order, it goes into a statewide computer system. This means that law enforcement officers across California can see there is a restraining order in place.
LET THE LAW OFFICE OF EDWARD C ARTHUR WALK YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS. EXPERIENCED AND PROFESSIONAL REPRESENTATION FOR OVER 25 YEARS. DON’T LET FEAR OR CONFUSION DERAIL YOUR RIGHT. CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE BEEN SERVED OR NEED TO FILE.